Print A Copy Of The Rules
(7U) Division Rules
players bat each inning.
hitter is held to a single unless the ball is hit to the outfield.
- The tee will be used for the first three games.
- For the fourth game, and thereafter, a coach will pitch.
If the batter does not get a hit after 5 pitches, the tee will be used.
- Batters and runners must always wear a batting helmet
- No sliding is allowed in this age group.
- All players will be on the field –
no one sits the bench.
team members are to be rotated to play all positions throughout the year, regardless of ability.
- All players should play both infield and outfield positions
- There will be
a player in the pitchers position for fielding purposes.
- Coaches will be allowed on the field for instruction purposes.
- Catchers will be optional, depending on the number of players.
When fielding a catcher, full equipment will be worn.
- Base paths will be 45 feet.
- Pitching mound will be 25 feet.
- Games will be 3 innings, or a maximum of 1 hour and 15 minutes in length.
If the game is moving quickly, the 2 teams managers may elect to play an extra inning.
- No paid umpires are used for this league. Managers
and coaches will perform this function.
- No score will be kept in this age group.
- Managers are to advise their commissioner should they have a player with skill
level sufficient to play in the 8 year old division. There may be need to “pull up” these players
on occasion if an 8 year old team is short.
Please always remember
our objective – for the girls to have fun, develop team spirit, and learn the basics of softball.